About Me

I am a High Point University sophomore majoring in Strategic Communications. I have lived in North Carolina my whole life. Before attending High Point I went to Marvin Ridge High School and was a varsity wrestler and a regional qualifier. I was also a member of the Southtown Riders, a wakeboard team. I also helped voluntee at Wake the World, where you give underprivilded kids a day on the lake.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

 Blog post 3



I learned from the video that the first Supreme Court case was Murbarry VS Maddison. I never knew that was the first case that the Supreme Court had to settle and thats how they earned respect in Washington.


The most important takeaway is that the Supreme Court's primary duty is to deem the ruling as constitutional or no constitutional. Instead, they read the constitution and try to interpret what they think it meant back when it was written. 


The most surprising thing I learned was that people on the Supreme Court still need to thoroughly understand the constitution and try to interpret it the best they can. 


My thoughts have changed how I view the Supreme Court by thinking they have much more power than they seem to have. They can change the rulings of cases after the fact and interpret the commands however they belive they should be. This gives them a lot of power in the government that not many people see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog post

     Everyone who has been on the internet has an online footprint. Any time you look up something, post on social media, or even read somet...