About Me

I am a High Point University sophomore majoring in Strategic Communications. I have lived in North Carolina my whole life. Before attending High Point I went to Marvin Ridge High School and was a varsity wrestler and a regional qualifier. I was also a member of the Southtown Riders, a wakeboard team. I also helped voluntee at Wake the World, where you give underprivilded kids a day on the lake.

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Blog post 11

 In class, I learned about the spiral of silence. This theory is about how people naturally get approval from others to speak their opinions. This can make unpopular opinions that could be correct hard to reach the public since people who dont get support silence their ideas. People who finance their opinions are fearing of social rejection and isolation. This theory is very fascinating since this still works in society today. Some people may post a controversial post on social media and get a lot of negative comments, which can lead them to remove the bar later on for fear of being isolated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog post

     Everyone who has been on the internet has an online footprint. Any time you look up something, post on social media, or even read somet...